Sunday, June 06, 2004

Close, But No Stanley

The Calgary Flames lost. They could have been handed the coveted Stanley Cup tonight in their home arena... but they lost. The city could have gone crazy with celebration... but they lost. I could have written a happy blog... but they lost.

I'm not going to get into the game this time. I just don't think I have it in me. This whole city was holding their breath, waiting for the Big Moment to arrive, but it never did. Now, we all just feel deflated.

However, it's not over yet... This crushing loss was only Game 6. Monday night will tell the final tale of the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals. The Flames are undoubtedly already on their way back to Florida to prepare for the winner-takes-all Game 7. I just hope they can do it...

Until then...

No comments: