Monday, July 26, 2004

Scenes from the Forklift: Reinforcements At Last!

Well, the number of bodies in MSA One has swollen from 2 to 6 in a matter of 3 days! Unbelievable, but true. I guess the Powers That Be have finally decided against their previous plan to let the company slip into frantic chaos as myself and Doogie, the Shipper Boy Genius slowly sink beneath the rising tide of obsolete and unrepairable electronic paraphernalia of yesteryear...

While it is a breath of fresh air to have enough people to accomplish our daily goals for a change, it's incredibly tough train them all at once. They out number us "veterans" 2 to 1, for crying out loud! And we've spent the last few gruelling months churning through the morass of tasks alone, so it's difficult to remember how or what to delegate! It won't take long for them to get tired of hearing, "Uh, well, I don't have time to show you this yet... Why don't you grab a broom and sweep that section of floor that Johnny just swept 5 minute ago? Can never be too clean around here, ya know!"

Well, I couldn't let myself worry about these new guys all day, so I did what anybody else would do in my position... I let Doogie handle them.

In truth, today was my first chance in over a month to get back over to my side of the warehouse and start swimming through all the product that has been waiting for me. Knowing that it would be impossible to train someone to help with the job, I told Doogie he could keep the new guys over in the Department of Outbound Deliveries until I get my mess straightened out. I'll bring someone over once I can show them what really goes on here, not just a growing, smoldering mountain of unknown gizmos and doo-dads that would have them running home to their Mommies.

See? I abandoned them with Doogie for their own good... Ain't I just the greatest?

No comments: