Sunday, November 07, 2004

Kids These Days

The other day, I overheard a teenage guy talking to his girlfriend on the bus:

"You don't like Smallville? It's, like, Superman when he was a kid! If I was him, I'd beat everybody up! If you were Superwoman, wouldn't you beat everybody up?"

"Why would I do that? Then nobody would like me!"

"But you could make them like you 'cuz they can't kill you!"

What is wrong with kids these days?!? Is this an indication of where our society is heading? Perhaps we have failed our children... Perhaps, in the hustle and bustle of today's corporate-driven world, we have left our offspring to be educated by TV instead of sitting them down and imparting unto them the wisdom they will need to survive.

Lest there be more young, impressionable minds out there that are on the verge of making the same mistake the boy on the bus made, let me set the record straight:

There was no Superwoman... It was Supergirl!

Duh!

No comments: