Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Blog Van Winkle

I'm going to have to assume there's a problem with Blogger's timestamps on my blog... There no way two months have gone by since my last post. Seriously... A dedicated blogger, such as myself, completely ignoring his blog for that length of time? It's unthinkable! Remember how long summer holidays lasted when you were a kid? It was a veritable lifetime between Grade 5 and Grade 6! Well, that's apparently how long this little ol' site of mine has lain dormant.

Crazy.

Perhaps I could tell you that I've been deeply involved with a corporate merger that will soon see me writing about bigger and better scenes from bigger and better forklifts... Or that my recent battle with flesh-eating disease had me at death's door and it was all I could do to hold onto this mortal coil. Maybe you'd believe that I did, indeed, pull a Rip Van Winkle by voluntarily participating in a cryogenics experiment conducted by the University of Calgary and, as far as I'm concerned, not more than a couple of days have passed since I last posted so you can all just get off my back! And somebody get me a blanket... I'm freezing!

Of course, my tendency to blog my inner machinations, coupled with a total lack of ambition when it comes to thinking up believable lies, pretty much eliminates any chance I have of fooling even my most gullible of readers. Oh! Which reminds me... Hi, Jack!

Alright, so there isn't really some great, earth-shattering event that has kept me away from the blog-world, but I suppose there's a fair-sized backlog of stories that I could tell... With my daughter finishing Kindergarten, my recent summer vacation, the Calgary Stampede, the return of the NHL (thanks for the reminder, Catt...), and a whack of so-called blockbuster movies currently showing, I think I can come up with a couple things to say.

Okay, grab yourself a coffee, put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your office door, and get comfortable... This won't be a short ride.

Just kidding.

I know what it's like to read a blog post that's just way too long. Actually... No I don't, because I usually give up after a couple scrolls unless the thing is really interesting. And, since I can't guarantee that I'll be really interesting, I think I'll cut it off here, for today, and start a 4- or 5-part series that is sure to get you all up to speed on the fascinating life of Cuppojoe without putting you to sleep. There's nothing worse than having your boss find you drooling away on your keyboard... Unless he finds you drooling away on his keyboard, I suppose...

No comments: