Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shhh...

I have a secret.

It's not a dirty little secret. True, it is a relatively small one, but quite clean, really. Come to think of it, I'd say this particular secret could nearly be marketed as "Mountain Fresh" were it a detergent of some sort. But it's not soap, just a secret.

I have a clean little secret.

Some people already know my secret, but I've been lying to the rest of you for 16 days now. For over two weeks I have been aware that most of you are living under a false impression, and I've done nothing to correct the situation. So, since omission of the truth is still a lie, I am a liar.

I'm a liar with a clean little secret.

For the first few days, my secret was nothing but one big headache... First there was the dull throbbing in my forehead, followed by tension around my temples. Before long, it was the sharp, stabbing pain behind my left eye that I've come to know as a "cluster migraine".

Nasty.

My secret is no longer painful to me, but I still can't seem to get it off my mind. I get up in the morning, shower, dress, and start thinking about my secret. I go to work, sit down at my desk, and the first thing that pops into my head is my secret. Break time comes and I chat with a few co-workers, but the only thing on my mind is my secret.

Now, the time is near to let go of the secret. Soon I will reveal to all what has been occupying my thoughts all these 16 days. Before long you will all understand how, and why, I have been letting you all believe a lie. And who knows? You may even understand and forgive me for it.

I am a liar with a clean little secret that will soon be known...

No comments: