Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cancer Sucks

Do I have your attention now? Good.

There's a story I want you to read. And please, don't just skim through it. This is a real story, and one that deserves your time, if anything on the Internet does.

It's the story of Crystal, a new Mom who has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I know many of you have either received the same devastating news or watched a close friend or family member suffer through this horrible disease. If you haven't, count your blessings.

This is Crystal's story.

Now, if you read the front page of Crystal's site, you will have noticed that, in addition to accepting donations for support, Crystal and her husband Tony have also been selected as one of 10 finalist couples to receive a $50,000 Dream Baby Shower from Vibe 98.5, a local Calgary radio station. If you'd like to vote for them, you can do so by following this link: http://www.vibe985.com/node/623721

I know that I usually use this blog for humor, occasionally to rant, and often to point out the blatant absurdities of our day-to-day world, but I just had to pass this story on.

I hope it touches you as much as it has touched me.

No comments: