Monday, February 09, 2004

Commentary on Comments

I don't know what it is about today... Maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night... Or maybe someone slipped decaf into the coffee maker at work ("morning people" should be exiled to a remote northern iceflow where they can grin happily at each other all day and leave the rest of us to bitch until noon like nature intended)... But, whatever it is, I sure feel strange.

Normally, I'm a fairly well-adjusted guy. I do what I do, say what I say, and it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about it (with the exception of upper-management, for whom I've reserved a generous yet dignified form of sucking-up). But, when I woke up this morning, something was different. Suddenly, I want to know what people think of me! I couldn't believe it! So, I scurried to the blog page to scan for comments on my entries...

Lo and behold (which phrase may give the impression I'm more advanced in years than I really am)... a few comments, but nothing recent (and, sadly, I recognize the 2 people who left them). "So," I wondered to myself, "What are the rest of them thinking? Why have they not applauded my efforts or denounced me as a charlatan? What am I going to have for supper tonight?" As enticing as that little "Comment (0)" link is, practically begging to be clicked, I can only assume that it is only by the most incredible force of will that you are all able to resist the overwhelming urge to put your 2 cents in...

And so, today I write about nothing and I turn this blog over to you. What do you think? How do you feel? What do you think I should have for supper? Take advantage of this limited time offer... The Return of the Apathy is right around the corner... If you're too shy to comment, then email me at cuppojoe71@hotmail.com.

No comments: