Sunday, April 25, 2004

All I Can Think Of

I do believe that I have Writer's Block...

It's been a number of days since my last post and, despite my decision to make an entry every day, I can't come up with anything. I've been at the computer off and on a million times this weekend, checking email, playing a game or two, and reading blogs, but I haven't been able to do any writing.

Yep, it's Writer's Block...

My brain has been spinning, trying to come up with one good idea to write about. I thought about hockey, but since the Flames' lackluster performance against Detroit yesterday (they got pounded 5 - 2), I decided to leave that alone for a while. Then, I figured I could right about my girlfriend's recent Laser Eye Surgery, but I want to wait until the recovery is over before tackling that one. And writing about my Great Decaffeination isn't exciting as long as nothing new has happened. I've cast my penny into the Well of Inspiration and heard it clink! against the bottom...

So, now I'm wondering about this whole Writer's Block thing... It's kinda cool, really. Just think, you're a writer and you can't come up with anything worthwhile. Well, you just say, "I've got Writer's Block" and everyone suddenly becomes very understanding and supportive. "Don't worry, it'll come", they say... Or, "Hey, don't force it, just let it happen"... What other job allows for this easy way out? Can you imagine going to your job at McDonald's one day and telling your manager that you have Burger Block? "That's okay, Billy, you just go sit and read the paper until you feel like flipping those All Beef Patties again." Not likely. Or how about a lifeguard with Swimmer's Block? "Gee, I could have saved him, but I just can't bring myself to swim today..." It's pretty obvious how well that would go over. No, the tolerance for not being able to do your job consistently from one day to the next is pretty low... unless you're a writer.

Hmmm... Seems I've gotten pretty far into writing a post, despite my Writer's Block... The downside is, I can't think of a clever way to end it! Is there such thing as Finisher's Block...?

No comments: