Monday, May 10, 2004

In the Blink of an Eye

Whoa! I take a break from the old Blog Scene for a weekend, and everything changes on me!

I arrived at work this morning, popped on my Trillian (aka MSN Messenger and a whole lot more), and saw that I had a message from my good buddy Torfeida. "How do you like the new Blogger?" he asked. What? New Blogger? Whatever could he be talking about?

So, having 20 minutes or so to kill before starting my day, I surfed on over to Blogger to see what was up. Low and behold! It was different! In fact, quite a bit different... New layout, new color scheme, something called the "Dashboard" from which I can manage my blog... Impressive, to say the least!

Now, I guess I'm going to have to get back into the swing of things and post a couple blogs...

You know, it's funny how guilty I can feel if I let it go for a few days. Kinda like I'm letting people down by not having anything new for them to read (isn't that presumptuous of me!). Personally, whenever I go Blog Surfing and find that my favorite reads haven't changed since the last time I was there, I feel disappointed... It's the same feeling I get if I tune in to catch a show, only to find out that it's a re-run. And if that sort of thing starts happening more and more often, I'm likely to give up trying after a while. Since I'm sure most of you are the same, I better get crackin'!

Well, keep your eyes open for more "Scenes from the Forklift" and the usual Calgary Flames Updates (they are leading 1-0 in the Western Conference Finals against the San Jose Sharks, by the way), and whatever else crosses my mind. Until then...

No comments: