Thursday, July 01, 2004

You Don't Look a Day Over 100

Guess who's 137 years old today? That's right, it's the second largest country (by land mass) in the world, that's who! Let's hear it for Canada!!!

There's nothing quite like a National Holiday that lands on a Thursday, is there? Sure, I have to return to work for Friday, but it's going to feel like a one-day work week! Nothing to complain about there, either!

I had high hopes of taking a drive outside the city today. I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate Canada Day... Just my girlfriend and I exploring all the towns and country-side that we live so close to but seldom give thought to. It would have been a brilliant idea, had the weather been willing to cooperate! Instead, it's pretty grey and dismal out there right now... So, here we are at home, watching TV.

Oh well, you make the best with what you've got, I suppose... Maybe the weather will clear a little towards the evening and there will be some sort of fireworks display. That would be a lot of fun to go see! At the very least, I'm sure they'll be lighting the flame atop the Calgary Tower in commemoration of this great day. Maybe I'll be able to get a pic or two...

No comments: