Thursday, January 20, 2005

Down with the Sickness

Whew! It's been a rough couple of days on ol' Cuppojoe, let me tell you! I don't know what I've managed to catch, but it's a doozy! Of course, having a small child in Kindergarten and daycare pretty much ensures that I get every illness known to man, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

I took the day off from work yesterday, just knowing that I wouldn't be able to make it through a whole day in the warehouse. So, I walked in this morning to the usual barrage of sarcastic remarks... "How was your day off?"... "Little bit of the 24 ounce flu?"... "Hey! Look who decided to show up today!" Of course, the ribbing wouldn't have been complete without Rockstar doing the "I think I've got the black lung" cough from Zoolander...

Yeah. Let's hear it for my friends, folks.

Well, it didn't take too long for the tune to change, seeing as I wasn't exactly ready to be back at work. I don't think I've had my appearance compared to feces so many times in one day! I'm flattered... really. In all honesty, though, there were times through the day when I contemplated which would be quicker: To make my way to the washrooms, or just open up the big bay doors and vomit on the loading dock. How's that for a mental image?

Luckily (I think), I didn't actually lose my lunch. Hmmm... Now that I think of it, I didn't even have lunch (which, if you know me at all, is very out of the ordinary), so I would have had to lose some other meal. Anyway, the point is, I made it through the day. Barely.

Now I'm home and taking care of my little girl who's first words to me when I picked her up at the daycare were, "My tummy hurts". I think it's going to be a long night...

No comments: