Monday, January 24, 2005

Sibling Rivalry

I like to think of myself as a pretty proud Canadian. I know that we tend to be the butt of a lot of jokes, but we write a lot of them too... It's also been a long-running joke that Americans don't know anything about us... that they think nothing more of us than a nice piece of natural resource real estate they can take anytime they want. Of course, while I suspect the average American's view of Canada is, "Who?", I've never really put much merit in the idea we'll just be another state one day.

So, I was pretty surprised and taken aback when I viewed this little piece from Fox TV today (thanks to my good buddy Clint over at clint.ca for the link):

http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=1213

Now, I'm hoping that these views are just the extremes... So, since most of you visiting via BE and BC are American, I'd like to hear what you think. Don't let the fact that I'm Canadian soften the blow... Be as brutally honest as you need to be. I'd really like to know what the average American thinks of their little brother.

Speak up now... Don't be shy!

No comments: