Here we go.
I can believe that we've only just passed the 3 year mark... It feels like a lot longer than that... and I mean that in a good way. With everything that has happened since we met, all the places we've gone, all the memories we've made together, it feels more like we've been a couple for a decade! Never before in my life have I ever had so much fun as I've had since I met Chana! In the short time I've had the priviledge of calling her my girlfriend we have:
- Spent a weekend in Radium... Her very first trip to British Columbia.
- Driven 7 and a half hours to Kelowna and had our caricatures drawn in the park.
- Spent a romantic weekend in a Polynesian Fantasy Room at the Fantasyland Hotel in West Edmonton Mall.
- Watched our kids play together in Sylvan Lake while spending a weekend in a cottage.
- Made countless trips to the mountains and Banff National Park so she could visit her favorite waterfall.
- Watched Killer Whales swim within a few feet of our boat off the San Juan Islands.
- Marveled at genuine Egyptian artifacts at the Royal British Columbia Museum.
- Taken pictures of our feet in almost every place we've visited together.
- Hunted down 2 street signs: Chandler St. and Bing Ave. ("Friends" fans will get it...)
- Had our portraits drawn in Stanley Park.
- Tried (unsuccessfully) to get good pictures at every one of our kids' school concerts.
- Collected many turtles (her) and chess boards (me).
- Worked through her near-blindness following laser eye surgery.
- Walked along the main streets of little towns near our city, just for the sake of doing it.
- Left the house at 4:30 in the morning on a weekend, just to go see a sunrise in the country.
- Used binoculars to find our neighborhoods from high atop the Calgary Tower.
- Introduced me to platanos fritos... Yum!
- Shown her every house I lived in as a child (and there are 16, spread across 3 cities and 2 provinces!).
- Spent 3 magical Christmas' together with our 6 kids.
That is by no means the entire list, because there's just no room or time for it all! But I think it gives you a good idea just how awesome the last 3 years have been for us!
In all, it's a great feeling to have finally found someone that I can truly call a "companion"... Someone I can share life with (ups and downs) and never get tired of doing it. I can't wait to see what kind of memories we make in the next three years!
I love you, Chana.