Monday, May 01, 2006

Making You Work For It

In light of all the hype surrounding Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" and the ever-approaching release date of the movie by the same name, I've decided to play a bit of a game along those lines...

For those of you who haven't read the book, it involves a series of ever-more-complicated codes and ciphers that lend clues to the ultimate puzzle of the location of the Holy Grail (there's more to it than that, like religious zealots try to reveal supposed Church cover-ups, but you get the picture).

Now, about my game...

As most of you probably know, I have a clean little secret. Well, what better way to reveal said secret than by letting you figure it out for yourself? You see, this way, you get to have a bit of fun and I get to keep my secret a little longer. The fact that it's a cheap way to get some easy blog mileage is irrelevant...

Hidden in my next few blog entries, then, will be puzzles or codes that will lead you to a series of clues. These clues can then be used to figure out what I've been keeping under my hat for 21 days now.

You may discuss within the comments, if you wish, and I will acknowledge the first reader to properly decipher each clue. Once all the clues have been given, though, I would encourage you to email me with your answers, just so you don't accidentally give it away to someone else (how many times have you seen that happen on Wheel of Fortune?).

Will there be a prize for figuring out the secret? Good question! Right now, I don't know... But you'll be the first to know when I find out!

So, sharpen your wits, get your pencils and Ovaltine Decoder Rings ready, and see who among you will be the first to uncover Cuppojoe's Clean Little Secret.

(Certain individuals are exempt, as you already know the secret... You know who you are.)

No comments: