Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Revelation: Part Two

It's true. No coffee. 29 days. And counting.

April 10 was the last time I had a cup of coffee. In fact, it was the last time I had any form of caffeine. That's right... No cola, no tea, and no chocolate either. Can you believe it? Do you know how hard it is to have 6 kids in the house at Easter and not eat chocolate? Torture!

Now, those who know me might be considering stocking up on water and non-perishables as this has generally been thought to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. But you might want to read on before you max out your Home Depot card on building supplies for your bomb shelter...

As Chana quite correctly pointed out to me, I've done this little "decaffeinated" routine before... It was 2 years ago, almost to the day, that I started an impromptu "Caffeine De-Tox Program" which lasted a whole 30 days. You can read about it here, here, here, and here. The reasons are the same this time around and, as with last time, I will definitely be going back to drinking coffee sometime in the near future. For now, however, I'm curious to see how long this will last. Now that the physical addiction has been broken (the headaches were a killer!) and the habit of always having a coffee cup in my hand is almost gone, I'm sure I'll be able to go as long as I choose.

We'll see.

So, the name of the blog will stay the same... The caffeine may have left my bloodstream, but I can assure you it hasn't left my mind! And when I do decide to sip from the blessed chalice of java once again, I want my first one to be memorable, so be prepared with some good suggestions, okay?

No comments: